[Rhodes22-list] New Topic - question for John L, Michael M, Slim, et al. (not political)(music or sound question)

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Tue Dec 2 15:50:24 EST 2008

At 12:27 PM 12/2/2008 -0800, Tootle wrote:
>I use the xp operating system and ms software.  I can record wav files with
>a mic.  How can I record mp3 files?  How can I convert wav to mp3.  The wav
>recorder in ms only allows one minute.  How can I record up to or more than
>three minutes.

As you've discovered, the Windows sound recorder is pretty awful.  I
think it's left over from Windows 3.1.  A quick search turned up an
open source (free) replacement called "Audacity" -
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/  You can get an MP3 encoder plugin
for that to save sound files in that format.

Cheers!

John Lock