[Rhodes22-list] 12V refrigeration/freezers question?

AndrewCo acomas at cordys.com
Wed Dec 3 08:10:03 EST 2008

With the holiday's approaching, I'm thinking of my Rhodes 22 Christmas
present.

I want to add some refrigeration.  I am trying to decide between the Waeco
cooler (CF-40) or Waeco Compact Compressor Cooling Kit (CS-NC-15).  Both are
12V refrigeration/freezers.

Of course the Cooling Kit means cutting a hole into the side of the ice box,
permanently on the boat.  The down side is kit will vent hot air into the
cabin and I can’t pre-cool the ice box before I get on-board.

The cooler I can move from the car to the boat.  I can put the cooler either
in or out of the cabin.  The downside to the cooler is it takes up space in
the cabin and is heavy to move (~40 lbs).   Which means I’ll probably leave
it on the boat most of the time, but at least I have the option of using it
off the boat.

Anyone have experience with these or advice?

Regards,
Andrew