[Rhodes22-list] 12V refrigeration/freezers question?

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 3 08:46:49 EST 2008

Rummy,
Good points.  I use a Coleman 12v unit which fits like a charm under the sink.  I have a sealed rubbermaid container filled with ice to extend the cold storage endurance and replace the ice as possible.  Under strictly 12v power I have to be motor charging to sustain the battery (+5a-5a).  Usually I dock overnight with AC/DC power abundant, and a day-sailing power interruption of 4-6 hours works ok.  I have found 30 degree temp differential from my measurements.
Boca Ciega has unlimited ice, so I'm trying out my cooler "A/C" unit next summer.
Hope you had a nice Turkey Day.
Art