[Rhodes22-list] bill?

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Thu Dec 4 22:57:09 EST 2008

No

WWII began in 1939 and ended in 1945. The second gulf war (the current
Iraq war) began in 2003. If it lasts until March of next year (most
likely), then it will have. However, Iraqi military was defeated shortly
after the initial invasion.

But all of that is beside the point. The US public lost its will for the
war a long time ago. It's only been through the far-sighted view of
their leaders that we stayed long enough to begin to turn the tide.

Robert Skinner wrote:
> Herb Parsons wrote:

>> Unfortunately, I don't think any of those scenario would apply today. I
>> don't think our liberal leaning population has the will for any extended
>> war (by "extended", I mean something that can't be wrapped up quickly
>> like a 2 hour movie)...
>>

> Hasn't the Iraq war lasted longer than WW2?
>
> /Robert, ME

Herb Parsons