[Rhodes22-list] bill?

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 05:32:58 EST 2008

Herb,

Actually, some would argue that WWII started in 1937 -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Polo_Bridge_Incident

I've been to the Marco Polo bridge and bought my English copy of
Chairman Mao's Little Red Book at a souvenir shop there. This incident
happened well before the arrival of the Flying Tigers (who were
"civilians" after Pearl Harbor). For a good book on the American
involvement in the Sino-Japanese war, read Barbara Tuchman's "Sand
Against the Wind" about General Stillwell.

Brad