[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Blago

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 14:22:58 EST 2008

Bill,

OK, everyone showed for the last event I'm covering today so it's out
the door for the hangar - but before I go,  here's today's NYT's
coverage.  The "Gray Lady" may be suffering hard times financially but
this scandal could sell enough papers to revive her bottom line.

"A Democrat familiar with Illinois politics and the Obama transition,
who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said there probably were
calls between the Blagojevich and Obama camps about the Senate seat.
It was not clear if any calls were recorded by federal agents, who had
tapped the governor's phones."

The WSJ said it's Emanual who made the calls.  For the NYT's to even
admit that someone/anyone "probably" made calls can't be good. Of
course, it's within the realm of possibilities that Team Obama were
shocked, SHOCKED, by the brazenness of Blago and tipped off Fitz
because they're honest brokers.  Hello?

I'm already bored with this movie because I have a gut feeling how it
will end.  The most interesting thing now is how the press will
resuscitate itself - or not.

Brad