[Rhodes22-list] Religion

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon Dec 15 13:55:30 EST 2008

Some folks may not believe this, but I was offended, and protested
loudly, when Hare Krishna's were banned from DFW Airport. I suspected
that you banned one fundraiser, you banned them all.

Of course, I also had my own little "counter fundraiser" going on.
They'd hand me their book. I'd ask if it was mine to keep (they couldn't
sell it or demand a donation, that would require a tax certificate that
they didn't want to get), so of course they would say yes. I'd walk away
without giving anything, and throw the book away within sight of them.

I know, I know, it's not much, but it made me feel better.

Brad Haslett wrote:
> Get - a - grip.  OK, so this is England but the same mindset exists
> here.  Would you people and your ilk with a beef against religious
> folks get over it!  One of my good friends, a minister, is spending
> Christmas Day with me to get away from "church people".  It works both
> ways you idiots!  A little tolerance is in order.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1094807/Sally-Army-told-stop-rattling-collecting-tins--offend-religions.html
>
> Now let me say this about the Salvation Army.  They almost beat the
> National Guard to the Mississippi Gulf Coast after Katrina.  Back off
> the Salvation Army - or cut a check you selfish bastards.
>
> Brad

Herb Parsons