[Rhodes22-list] Penetrol more additional comments

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 10:12:16 EST 2008

Rummy,

That's pretty much what I do.  The pressure washer quickly takes of
the spider crap and the paper mill crap and the gel coat looks
semi-shiny for a day, but then quickly dulls.  My biggest concern with
the "quick&easy" penetrol solution is what happens next?  If it leaves
the surface more venerable to the next round of spider and pollution
crap then it isn't optimal.  That's why I'm wondering if a wax or some
other post treatment is in order.  According to the manufacturers
website, the penetrol is the final coat.  Chemistry is not my strong
suit but I basically understand the process of how the penetrol
rejuvenates the shine. I'd rather hear from someone else's success or
horror story before creating my own.

Brad