[Rhodes22-list] Happy Holidays All

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 10:47:50 EST 2008

To: boulderyc at yahoogroups.comFrom: 1jhmoore at charter.netDate: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:44:33 +0000Subject: [boulderyc] Happy Holidays All

T'was the night before Christmas, I swung on thehookWith snowflakes a'landing, asleep with my bookWhen up on the deck I heard footsteps and stuff"I've been boarded!" I thought, and I tried to betoughThen down the companionway hatch came a dudeHe was dressed like a nut and I thought, "I'm soscrewed"But he laughed and he hummed as he surveyed my junkSo I figured he must be the resident drunkHis eyes were lit up like a junkie on speedBut he gave me a whole bunch of stuff that I needLike rum and cigars and new charts and a dinghyAnd some kind of fancy electrical thingyI knew it was stolen but I wasn't tellingI just hoped he was giving and wasn't just sellingAnd I poured him a grog which he downed with a winkThen I poured one for me (Lord I needed a drink!)Then he staggered above to the dark snowy nightAs I peeked I beheld an incredible sightEight tiny dolphins and a beautiful sleighAnd the dude hopped aboard and prepared to make wayThe dolphins were ready to power the sledBut the guy raised a genny and mains'l insteadWith a burp and a chuckle he gathered the breezeAnd called to the dolphins, now swimming with ease"Hey Stalker and FEMA and Cancer and Nixon!Or Stinky and Pepper Spray, Mason, and Dixon!Or whatever your names are, you cute little fishes,Here's to every last sailor, my best Christmaswishes!"As he sailed away leaving a wobbly wakeI hoped he had not many stops left to makeHe got close to shore and he soon was agroundBut the dolphins proceeded to pull him aroundAnd I heard him exclaim as he sailed out of sight"Killer whales!! ...I'm just kidding, don't be souptight!"__._,_.___
Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Members

MARKETPLACE

>From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods
 Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group

Yahoo! News
Get it all here