[Rhodes22-list] Political- Caroline's disappointing day.

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Thu Dec 18 09:22:27 EST 2008

I think next time I overspend (and that would be NOW, it's Christmas you
know), I'm going to take a new approach.

Rather than look for ways to cut back here and there to make up for my
earlier weaknesses, I'm going to simply approach my boss and tell him he
has to give me more money.

Think it'll work?

Of course, my boss can say no. But, I DO have access to payroll files.
On the other hand, if I did that, he'd probably fire me.

Maybe the public should learn from THAT!!!!

We're the "boss" in these things, we need to start firing people.

Michael D. Weisner wrote:
> Brad,
>
> The appointment of an interim Senator seems to be the least of the problems
> facing New Yorkers or those from the great state of Lincoln.  Have you heard
> what our esteemed governor David Patterson is proposing?  While fiscally
> responsible, I doubt that it will stimulate the NY economy, rather much the
> opposite.  My favorite line in his recent address discusses how the NY
> budget could increase from 8 billion dollars to nearly 16 billion dollars in
> the last two months!  Come on, how many hands are in my pockets now?
>
> Be careful with the placement of and references to your pronouns - I'd hate
> to see your folks doing time for being pissed, although it might be all
> together possible in Chicagoland.
>
> Mike
> s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)
>        Nissequogue River, NY
>
> From: "Brad Haslett" <flybrad at gmail.com>Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008
> 8:06 AM
>
>> Mike,
>>

> {clip}
>
>> Seriously, if I lived in NY I'd be pissed that this was being crammed
>> down my throat, just like my parents in downstate Illinois are pissed
>> that once again, a handful of Chicagoans will decide who their next
>> Senator will be - provided of course they don't go to jail first.
>>
>> Brad
>>
> {clip}

Herb Parsons