[Rhodes22-list] PAINTING HULL

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 07:02:49 EST 2008

Bill,

Thinking along those lines myself, I'm considering putting the
CoraShen on the hard this spring for some hull work and mast painting.
 Last week at the marina I asked the manager if some of the big boats
(trawlers) were leaving their slips now that the price of fuel was
down and he said "no, they've got bigger problems than that".  I'm
usually the smallest boat on the yard at the marina that hauls my
vessel but am willing to bet that won't be the case about March or so.

We're doing a demolition on an apartment building today that has been
an on again and off again project. We walked away from the job earlier
in the week because the municipality was giving us too much hassle.
The customer finally went to the city and said, "you want the building
down, you take it down".  He explained to them that most of the small
post Katrina contractors had either left town or gone broke and the
ones left weren't willing to put up with their bullshit.  Interesting
times we're living in now.

BTW, you don't want to watch the demo of a boat - not a pretty sight.
My brother can destroy and load one in a container in about eight
seconds flat.

Brad