[Rhodes22-list] PAINTING HULL

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 11:26:13 EST 2008

John,

First, the city wants to be named as an additional insured on our
insurance policy.  That's not a big deal but it is a hassle and costs
us (eventually the customer) $100 for what?  Are we going to destroy a
whole town?  The big stumbling block on this project was our mold
containment plan.  We have none and we won't have one 100 years from
now.  We're in the knocking stuff down business not the mold business.
 They finally had a building inspector look a second time and
magically, the mold disappeared. Contractors have gone broke and/or
left town because the work just isn't there.  At this point, if the
federal government hasn't paid for it, it isn't going to be done.
This particular building is being torn down because the city if
forcing the issue on the property owner.  Come down sometime and I'll
show you how big federal projects really operate and the promise of
"free" money completely screws a market up.

Brad