[Rhodes22-list] Ms. Cittadino, Rod's furry, feathered and friends ...

Robert Skinner Robert at SquirrelHaven.com
Sat Dec 20 13:57:56 EST 2008

Rummy, neither can I.  Some guesses as to the reason:

You rarely say anything that someone can disagree with?

Your gentle nature turneth away wrath?

You are so clearly able to deal with situations that he
does not want to dishonor you by offering assistance?

He long ago grew tired of defending you and now regards
you as a lost cause?

This reminds me of a story...

The foo bird was rare, and inhabited only a small island
in the South Pacific.  The natives both revered and
feared that bird, for its feces were voluminous,
malodorous, and sticky as Hell.

The offal was so tacky that it was used as a snare to
catch other animals.  When they touched it, they became
completely tangled up in it, and eventually perished
from lack of food and water.

As you probably anticipated, an unlucky sailor was
wrecked on the shore of the island, and wandered about,
looking for help.  During his perambulations, a foo
bird unloaded on him as he walked under a tree.

Naturally, ignorant of the nature of the stinking
substance, he tried to remove it.  Hearing the
thrashing about, a passing native came to investigate.

Our tangled sailor implored for help, and found to his
delight that the native spoke perfect English.  "If the
foo shits, wear it," he said, and melted back into the
jungle...

/R O'N