[Rhodes22-list] Politics: How 'Bout That Israel?

Robert Skinner Robert at SquirrelHaven.com
Sat Dec 27 15:58:48 EST 2008

Brad Haslett wrote:
> Now as to Israel's latest skirmish, I'm bettin' on the girls to win.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/fearweb/sets/72057594062802639/
> Go Israel! (or whatever is a PC cheer in warfare).

I am reminded that the native North American plains
tribes would turn a captive over to the women for
"care" as a way of displaying disrespect.  It was
not a fate that the captive would enjoy...

I suspect that the Israeli women are quite effective
in combat of all kinds, some varieties more
enjoyable than others.

As you say, go Israel!  They seem inclined to take
care of dirty work that the US hangs back on.
Ultimately, they may save our bacon in that area.
However, the settlements outside the borders do not
do much to advance their case.

As to the Palestinians -- they are divided, as are
most peoples, into those who just want to get along
and those who want to make trouble.

Too bad that the war/no-war populations are mixed
geographically.  Insurgents need good citizens, the
aged, and children to hide behind.  As long as they
are tolerated in the midst of otherwise decent
people, there will be collateral damage.

Still thinkin' of whirled peas,
Robert O'Maine