[Rhodes22-list] Politics: How 'Bout That Israel?

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sat Dec 27 15:47:16 EST 2008

Brad,

How about Caroline Kennedy as the front runner for NY Senator?

Where are all the people on this list who were outraged at Sarah Palin's
"lack of credentials"?  Where are all the people on this list who were
outraged at the idea of buying a Senate Seat?  Where are all the
journalists asking Caroline Kennedy to name the mayors of upstate cities?

Oh, they did ask if she would support a Democrat for NYC mayor -- she
said she would cross that bridge when she came to it.  She is very close
to Bloomberg, and his advisers are her advisers.  Maybe he'll seek to
run as a Democrat this time around.

B.

PS -- What is HER position on Israel?  In interviews she is taking the
same approach as Bush and Obama -- I'm not going to telegraph my
positions until after I get the job.

Ed, Robert -- is this OK with you guys?  She doesn't have the job.  Why
should she reveal her position?  I see the death toll in Gaza is now
above 200.  Is it OK to bomb buildings if you do so with missiles, and
don't lose your own life in the process?  Is this OK with you?  Is it OK
with Obama?  Where does everyone stand on this?  Does consistency with
earlier stated positions matter?