[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Barack the Magic Negro

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Sun Dec 28 18:18:23 EST 2008

Brad,

I think it's also noteworthy that most of the press have presented this
episode as if this one song were chosen and sent, or as if it was the
highlight of the CD that was sent. Neither is the truth.

The CD that was sent was a collection of 41 political parody songs. It's
also important to note that Paul Shanklin (the writer of the parodies)
is from TN, and is a close friend of Shanlin's.  I'm including the list
of the songs and skits below, to show that this is NOT a racial issue,
it's purely political.

This is another example of those that don't like something labeling it
in the most pejorative manner possible. The problem is every time one of
the malcontents falsely cries "racist", it dilutes the meaning of the
word, and minimizes the real instances of racism and injustice of the past.

 From the "I Hate the USA" cd:

BLAZING LIBERAL  - Song
The Justice Brothers  - Skit
WE HATE THE USA  - Song
Al Gore's Norwegian Moose Research  - Skit
Hillary Clinton Dialect System  - Skit
I CAN TALK LIKE A COAL MINER'S DAUGHTER  - Song
Message from Kim Jung II  - Skit
California Spanking PSA  - Skit
STAND  - Song
Your Momma's So Fat  - Skit
OBAMA  - Song
HillaryClinton.com  - Skit
Down On The Farm With Al Gore  - Skit
BALL OF FIRE  - Song
Paul Shanklin's Interview on C-Spam  - Skit
David Ehrenstein's "BARACK THE MAGIC NEGRO"  - Song
Citizen McCain  - Skit
John Edward's Poverty Tour  - Skit
I AM WOMAN  - Song
Pelosi vs. Sheehan  - Skit
Obama Apology  - Skit
WRIGHT PLACE, WRONG PASTOR  - Song
Trent Lott  - Skit
Osama Audio Translation  - Skit
MISTER TAN MARINE MAN   - Song
Bank of Amigo  - Skit
The Party of Love  - Skit
LOVE CLIENT #9  - Song
The Justice Brothers "Duke Lacrosse"  - Skit
McCain and The Old Gray Lady  - Skit
IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME BY NOW  - Song
WHERE HAVE ALL THE CONSERVATIVES GONE?  - Song
The Justice Brothers "Broadcast Insurance"  - Skit
U CAN'T SAY THAT  - Song
Simplify Your Life  - Skit
I STARTED A JOKE  - Song
Your Momma's Still Fat  - Skit
3 a.m.  - Skit
IVORY AND EBONY  - Song
Dr. Phil  - Skit
THE STAY-SPANGLISH BANNER  - Song

Brad Haslett wrote:
> Robert,
>
> This has nothing to do with race - it's all about politics.  Steele
> (my guy for RNC chairman) and the other black candidate have
> weighed-in on the issue.  Steele gave a mild rebuke because it
> reflected a bad image for the party and Blackwell said the press was
> being hyper-sensitive.  Blackwell also pointed out that the press had
> no problem when the term was used by a liberal in the LA Times.  I
> suspect that most of the indignation on this list is political as
> well.  The One has some significant ethical and legal issues that
> aren't going away anytime soon. Even the MSM can't dance around the
> issues forever.  Bill and I predicted this before the election and it
> wasn't because we're prescient or have insider information.  The
> evidence has been there shouting for an investigation all along.  With
> Blago exposed, there's no way the press can shield The One.
>
> There's going to be some tough times ahead for our country and this is
> not a good time for our POTUS to be ensconced in Nixon like scandals.
> But, we are a nation of laws and if we don't enforce them universally
> then we're well down the road to third world status.
>
> Brad
>
> On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Robert Skinner
> <Robert at squirrelhaven.com> wrote:
>
>> Brad Haslett wrote:

>>> Jeezo Peezp you people sure have thin skins!
>>>
>> Brad, you say that as if it were a bad thing.
>>
>> /Robert O'Maine

Herb Parsons