[Rhodes22-list] Deregulation and Da List

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Dec 29 12:54:58 EST 2008

At 11:31 AM 12/29/2008 -0500, Robert Skinner wrote:
>John Lock and MJM,
>
>As prime movers in setting up and maintaining
>this list, you enjoy positions of authority
>and respect.

Doubtful, but thanks for the plug.

Sorry to see you go, but you should know how this list works by
now.  Most of the traffic is generated by a relative few
self-important, dick-waving, gas bags and has nothing to do with the
Rhodes 22 or sailing.

Sure, we could start banning people and enforcing content rules, but
I (for one) don't want to be in THAT hot seat.  Mail filters and the
delete key should be enough to manage the problem.  Nobody forces
anyone to read the crap and the tools for bypassing it are
simple.  If you choose to support a position or offer an opinion, you
KNOW what will happen!  It's not a surprise any more!

Cheers!

John Lock