[Rhodes22-list] Another view

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 07:03:25 EST 2008

David,

It makes no sense to me whatsoever.  So the GOP should pay lip service
to blacks and Hispanic to gain power?  That's the very definition of
racism.  The people of every color in the Crayola box that I'm
familiar with all want the same things; move up the economic ladder,
good schools for their kids, safe neighborhoods, etc. As JFK said, "a
rising tide raises all boats".  To custom tailor a message to appeal
to one specific ethnic group is the wrong approach.  My candidate for
the RNC chair is Michael Steel - he's smart, articulate, conservative,
and has the correct vision for the party.  That he's also black is
immaterial.  Look at the county by county map of the 2004 and 2008
elections, not the state electoral maps.  It is a sea of red
interrupted by an occasional  blue dot. Those blue dots just happen to
be major cities and that makes all the difference. The GOP
consistently wins 90%+ of the landowning mass of the country. If they
decide to change the message just for the sake of power they can count
me out of the equation.

Brad