[Rhodes22-list] Potash Spill at Kingston TVA Plant

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 11:56:37 EST 2008

Bill,

Here's the latest from the politicians in the area involved - total silence -

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/knx/silence/archives/2008/12/elected_officia_2.shtml

I've been out of the news loop on this event except my brother follows
these things closely from an engineering point of view.  When we do
site work subject to compaction tests, he knows better than all the
scientific methods combined whether something is compacted enough by
seeing if the machine leaves a track.  It will be interesting to see
what construction methods were used and what engineering data was
accepted.

As Gary always says, "you can't beat a man at his own craft".
Someone's going to take a bullet on this one - the political types are
ducking for cover.

Brad