[Rhodes22-list] Politics: How 'Bout That Bill Effros?

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 19:36:25 EST 2008

Bill,

Just an interesting aside, Centralia is the closest community near my
hometown that has a black population.  That is where my brother used
to go to fill minority set-asides on 'gubment' projects.  Mostly he
(and every other contractor) just built the 10% set-aside into the
cost of the project and passed it on to the taxpayer and did the work
themselves.  Burris' law firm specialized in minority set-asides.  I
don't hold that against him.  He wasn't like Jessie Jackson and shook
companies down.  As far as I can tell, he's a straight-up ethical
player.  That might explain why he didn't go any further in Illinois
politics.

Yeah, the non-feather Indian is concentrated on saving his ass.  So is
everyone else.

Got popcorn?

Brad