[Rhodes22-list] Installed new IMF Battened Main Today

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Dec 31 11:43:58 EST 2008

Thanks, Jerry,

I was sailing, too, 6 months ago, and just looking at the batten pocket
in total frustration.  I bought a sail repair tool, and learned to use
it, so I could sew up the strap by myself--but I never got to use it.

Since I had never seen the velcro strap outside the pocket I couldn't
even get a mental picture of what I was up against.  I learned in no
time that my fingers were not long enough.

I just gave up.  I like the paint stirring stick a whole lot.  If
nothing else, it gives me hope.  If it works, maybe I'll varnish it and
keep it on board all the time.

It is New Year's Eve, and I still believe in my heart I'll get out on
the water early this year...

Have a good one,

Bill Effros