[Rhodes22-list] Political Correctness

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Mon Feb 4 11:13:32 EST 2008

Tootle wrote:
> "As I recall, the expression “political correctness” was first used by
> Trotsky, and meant the adaptation of thought and language to the political
> requirements of permanent revolution.
> Progressivism sprang from the idea that a good society is the result of
> political power; you change the organizations of society in ways designed by
> progressives in order to change the behavior of people. It’s natural that
> liberalism should seek to change language to create the realities they
> want." Hotspur Blog

Ed, the book "1984" defined the language modification process quite nicely,
in addition to highlighting the political value of foreign wars to support
domestic dictators in power.

Language mod is a political tool used by all factions.  Sometimes it is
referred to as "spinning".  Rather appropriate, as the results are often woven
into the fabric of our lives - and deaths.

/Robert