[Rhodes22-list] Thank you Hank

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 13:30:02 EST 2008

ed,
  i have to admit there are times when my level of intelligence leaves me somewhat inadequately prepared to decipher a statement, even though my gut tells me there is something wrong with what i have just read. that quote from hotspur is one.

  who is talking, since its in the first person?

  progressivism = force, not persuasion?

  should conservatives be called progressives?

  is trotsky saying it is natural to be a liberal?

  to be politally correct is to be a communist?

  if you just delete "permanent revolution" from that statement, you could fill in the blank with the name of any group trying to change an organization from within. change from within has always been the defensive line of those who abhor revolutionary acts done outside of organized groups. the assumption was that if you tried to change an organization from within, it would never happen because the majority rules. hence the term "take it to the streets" ;-))

  like i said, i just don't understand. i do know that trotsky was killed off early on in the progression to communisim. i await the slings and arrows. john b

Tootle <ekroposki at charter.net> wrote:

"**Grodner will do community service, spend a year on probation, pay
restitution and then, if his promise to a newspaper columnist can be
believed, move to France. **"

I hope he likes what he gets there. Did it say that he was Jewish? How
will the French Muslims treat him. I suspect he is just a not too smart
liberal. On the other hand, we will be better without him.

I really doubt that he will leave and stay there.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
"As I recall, the expression “political correctness” was first used by
Trotsky, and meant the adaptation of thought and language to the political
requirements of permanent revolution.
Progressivism sprang from the idea that a good society is the result of
political power; you change the organizations of society in ways designed by
progressives in order to change the behavior of people. It’s natural that
liberalism should seek to change language to create the realities they
want." Hotspur Blog