[Rhodes22-list] Melting Pot - Brother Brad melts toward totalitarism...

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 13:40:31 EST 2008

Ed,

In my profession, "Allah Akbar" is a non-standard response.  As to Internet
references, I usually strip them of their source or at least their copyright
statement because I'm not stupid.  Do a Google search on any title line and
you'll quickly find the source.  Now back to "Allah Akbar", I'm very
tolerant of religious beliefs, political beliefs, yada, yada, yada, unless
you are at my dinner table and ignorant of recent Chinese history and then I
can get a bit belligerent depending on the other Chinese at the table and
how quickly they school your ass, but, other than that, I'm just like Hard
Rock Cafe, "Love All, Serve All". Not once in my entire life have I ever
questioned any medical professional working on me about their religious
beliefs, ethnicity, or political persuasions, even when it  was obvious. I
assumed that they were professionals first and all those other attributes
helped them maintain professionalism or they ignored them, in whatever
mysterious ways that stuff works.  Color me an insensitive pig if necessary,
if you are a Muslim medical professional, I've got lots of questions.  They
started this, I didn't.  Apparently our resident Muslim on the list is
gone.  I miss him.  The 'squeaky wheel gets the grease' and there are about
a billion (with a B) Muslims in the world so 1% is a lot of squeaky wheels.
Last time I checked about 30% in THIS country are against us.  It gets worse
in Europe.  I'll be dead and gone before this war is over.  In the meantime,
I'll educate my children about the dangers. BTW, I've got a huge repertoire
of Jewish Doctor jokes, I could use a few more to refresh the reservoir.
I'll swap some 'slant-eye' jokes quid pro quo.

Brad