[Rhodes22-list] Movies

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 05:39:39 EST 2008

We saw "No Country for Old Men" and "There Will Be Blood."

No Country was a great movie.  Very compelling and provocative.  Thumbs up!
I love our MN home boys--the Coen Brothers--Fargo, O, Brother, Raising
Arizona, Big Labowski etc.

There Will Be Blood is something of a conundrum.  My wife hated it and said
the movie was boring.  I liked it but we both agreed that Daniel Day-Lewis
was nothing less than operatic in this roll.  This is an epic roll..  He was
stellar and wonderful as a less-than-savory dark hero.  It's very dark and
too long but Daniel Day-Lewis gives the greatest bad boy performance I've
seen since Al Pacino in Scarface.

Slim