[Rhodes22-list] Movies

ben benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Tue Feb 5 10:10:14 EST 2008

I haven't seen There Will Be Blood, but I heard a reviewer on the radio
call Lewis's performance, "The best acting performance in the history of
cinema."  That's probably a  bit far, but it seems like it's at least a
performance that I should check out.

With the addition of a toddler to our family this year, I've seen about
2% of my usual movies, but "No Country" was one of the few I did see.  I
had read the book, and I was pretty geeked to find out that the Coens
were making the movie.

They might have actually toned down the violence, but they stayed 100%
true to the book, and I think it was even better as a movie.  How often
do you hear that from a reader?

Ben