[Rhodes22-list] Lee, perspective

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Feb 6 08:13:56 EST 2008

Lee:

There have been guys as big as Chris C sail the Rhodes 22.  We used to have
a Rhodie in his size range on this forum.  Unfortunately, his language
became a bigger issue.  He never communicated with anyone as far as I know
after his departure, but there was a Rhodes 22 for sale on his turf about
two years later.  So, big guys can sail small boats.  And they have sailed
Rhodes 22's.

Also, I believe that Bob Skinner in no smaller sailier.  Maybe Bob should
comment on big guys and small boats.  Especially since his cabin is even
smaller that the R 22.

And I agree, Art should be on a big road bike with his wife in a side car...

The late spring is a great time to travel the Blue Ridge Parkway on a
motorcycle.  There are many flocks of them flying around thru the summer and
fall.

In my flying days, I used to know an A&P mechanic who was probably even
bigger.  After he worked on a Cessna 150 and had to check ride it, only he
could fit into the plane.  And we never could figure out how he got in and
out.  But he flew in winds that the rest of us avoided.  Something about
400+ pounds keeping the plane stable.  The same would apply to small
boats...

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
http://www.scmarine.org/news/newsframe.html