[Rhodes22-list] Squirrel Question for Robert

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 04:08:12 EST 2008

Guys, there's some very entertaining footage here and thanks for that.  But
Brad, you won't have much success with a pellet gun.  Not lethal enough.
Those little bastards are surprisingly tough.  I remember hunting them as a
kid with my .22 and often put two or three rounds in 'em and they would
still run away.  I tried a pellet gun recently in my yard and all I got were
complaints from my neighbors (who caught me) saying they'd seen a few
crippled squirrels running around and thought it was cruel of me, to say
nothing of its illegality here in the city.  Sheesh!  I think I also put a
few dents in my neighbor's siding.   OOPS!

Have you tried live trapping with a relocation program?  You don't really
have to relocate them--your pellet gun and the privacy of your garage will
do.  Don't get caught.

Slim