[Rhodes22-list] Marxism in USA - Big Al delete, Political

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 09:11:44 EST 2008

Ed,

One more post for the day and then I've got to go to work (I know it's
Saturday and all but my welfare check is late). You have to laugh (even
though it really isn't funny) at all the paranoid comments made over the
years by the lefties about the Bush/Hitler/Cheney/Rove conspiracy to stifle
free speech in the public forum.  Now we have the Clintonistas getting a
reporter silenced for using the word "pimped".  Lighten-up Hillary, it is
only a word - at least he didn't say she had legs like a lamp post, that was
your husband.

Here's some comments from the former Governor of Colorado -

Brad

------------------------------

*I have a plan to destroy America
by Richard D. Lamm*

I have a secret plan to destroy America. If you believe, as many do, that
America is too smug, too white bread, too self-satisfied, too rich, let's
destroy America. It is not that hard to do. History shows that nations are
more fragile than their citizens think. No nation in history has survived
the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations
rise and they all fall, and that "an autopsy of history would show that all
great nations commit suicide." Here is my plan:

1. We must first make America a bilingual-bicultural country. History shows,
in my opinion, that no nation can survive the tension, conflict and
antagonism of two competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an
individual to be bilingual; it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. One
scholar, Seymour Martin Lipset, put it this way: "The histories of bilingual
and bicultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil,
tension and tragedy. Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon all face crises of
national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not
independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic
rebellion. France faces difficulties with its Basques, Bretons and
Corsicans."

2. I would then invent "multiculturalism" and encourage immigrants to
maintain their own culture. I would make it an article of belief that all
cultures are equal: that there are no cultural differences that are
important. I would declare it an article of faith that the black and
Hispanic dropout rate is only due to prejudice and discrimination by the
majority. Every other explanation is out-of-bounds.

3. We can make the United States a "Hispanic Quebec" without much effort.
The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz
said in the Atlantic Monthly recently, "The apparent success of our own
multiethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved, not by
tolerance, but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated
ethnocentrically, and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only
tolerance and pluralism to hold us together." I would encourage all
immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the
melting pot metaphor with a salad bowl metaphor. It is important to insure
that we have various cultural sub-groups living in America reinforcing their
differences, rather than Americans emphasizing their similarities.

4. Having done all this, I would make our fastest-growing demographic group
the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated,
undereducated and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second
underclass have a 50 percent dropout rate from school.

5. I would then get the big foundations and big business to give these
efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would
establish the cult of victimology. I would get all minorities to think their
lack of success was all the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance
industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population.

6. I would establish dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties. I would
"celebrate diversity." "Diversity" is a wonderfully seductive word. It
stresses differences rather than commonalities. Diverse people worldwide are
mostly engaged in hating each other–that is, when they are not killing each
other. A "diverse," peaceful or stable society is against most historical
precedent. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together,
and we can take advantage of this myopia.

Look at the ancient Greeks. Dorf's "World History" tells us: "The Greeks
believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common
language and literature; and they worshiped the same gods. All Greece took
part in the Olympic Games in honor of Zeus, and all Greeks venerated the
shrine of Apollo at Delphi. A common enemy, Persia, threatened their
liberty. Yet, all of these bonds together were not strong enough to overcome
two factors … (local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured
political divisions …)" If we can put the emphasis on the "pluribus,"
instead of the "unum," we can balkanize America as surely as Kosovo.

7. Then I would place all these subjects off-limits–make it taboo to talk
about. I would find a word similar to "heretic" in the 16th century that
stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like "racist", "xenophobe"
halt argument and conversation. Having made America a bilingual-bicultural
country, having established multiculturalism, having the large foundations
fund the doctrine of "victimology," I would next make it impossible to
enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra –"because immigration
has been good for America, it must always be good." I would make every
individual immigrant sympatric and ignore the cumulative impact.

8. Lastly, I would censor Victor Davis Hanson's book "Mexifornia" –this book
is dangerous; it exposes my plan to destroy America. So please, please–if
you feel that America deserves to be destroyed–please, please–don't buy this
book! This guy is on to my plan.

*"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the
spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that
spectrum." –Noam Chomsky, American linguist and U.S. media and foreign
policy critic. *