[Rhodes22-list] Academics - another view

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Thu Feb 14 17:57:32 EST 2008

Rob, I hope you're not really trying to obfuscate this by combining two
totally seperate issues.

"No child left behind" has absolutely nothing to do with "education for
all". The school systems for which the No Child Left Behind was created
already provided free education for all. I disagree completely with No
Child Left Behind (local school systems should be run by local
officials), but the two have nothing to do with each other.

One only needs to look at the leading Democrat candidates' views on
higher education to see that the "education for all" is most definitely
part of the liberal agenda.

Rob Lowe wrote:
> I'm not sure why "education for all" is part of the liberal agenda.  Let's
> not forget "no child left behind" which is in effect dumbing down the
> education system by catering to the lowest common denominator.  Several of
> my friends who teach at the elementary level tell me the best and the
> brightest students are bored and turned off because the system now caters to
> slowest learners. - rob
>

>> You're missing a link in the chain. Yes, you're 100% right on it going
>> "where the bucks are"; however, it's the (typically) liberal agenda of
>> "education for all" that brings in those bucks that are combined with
>> poor self-motivation or initiative.

Herb Parsons
S/V O'Jure - O'Day 25
S/V Reve de Pappa - Coronado 35