[Rhodes22-list] Music - "Smoke on the Yantze"

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 17:03:44 EST 2008

We went to a concert Wednesday night at the University of Memphis School of
Music which hosted the East China Normal University symphony orchestra.
They played classical Chinese music until the last five minutes before
intermission, and then played a medley of American tunes including a version
of "My Country Tis' of Thee" that brought tears to my eyes.  The U of M
orchestra joined them on stage for the second half. There was barely room
left over on stage for the conductor. Brad

And now for something completely different (totally unrelated to the
musicians mentioned above).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=czPT8NKfFwo