[Rhodes22-list] Stan's need for picture editor

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Fri Feb 22 13:24:50 EST 2008

Thanks ladies and gentlemen but:

I use Photo Studio and am very comfortable with it  -  I just have to learn
how to send an e-mail with a picture in it from my "Photo Studio" files.

I type the e-mail and hit attach and it picks up the designated picture from
the Photo Studio file and I hit send and it obeys my commands except it
sends an enlargement so large, only a part of the picture gets into the
e-mail.

I have received some incoming e-mails from the List where the picture also
was too large to see it all but then, after a short time,  the picture
shrunk itself automatically and the complete picture could be seen on the
e-mail page without me, as the receiver, having to do anything about it..

So, rather than switch to another photo studio type program my question is,
do you do something in the e-mail program to tell it to send the picture fit
to size or is that part of the instruction supposed to be given to the photo
studio side of the operation.

Isn't there some simple step that automatically makes pictures sent via
e-mail, be sent no larger than the e-mail page.  Right now I seem to only be
able to send parts of a giant poster, yet if I send the file picture to my
printer it comes out the correct, normal size.

Somehow without even trying I managed to send out e-mail attachment pictures
of full pictures when I sent out pictures of the Rhodes 27 project to
interested Rhodies but I don't remember how that happened since it seemed to
happen by itself.  (And that boat was 27 feet instead of only 22)

ss