[Rhodes22-list] New Beginnings - Da List

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Thu Jan 3 11:34:25 EST 2008

At 09:05 PM 1/2/2008 -0500, Mary Lou Troy wrote:
>A while back I took on the maintenance of the Rhodes owners list, the
>contact list for owners of Rhodes 22s and long-term Rhodeslist
>members. It was somewhat out of date at the time. It is now a lot
>more out of date but life is on an even keel again and we (Fred and
>I) are ready to revive "da list". Because the info is so out of date
>we are starting almost from scratch.

This is something we have been considering for addition to the (new)
Rhodes22.org website - an owner registry.  My initial thinking is
user ID and password access to an owner database that allows each
owner to maintain their own info.  All this would be stored on the
server and made available in much the same manner (and policies) as
Mary Lou described.

Information gathering is the first step in that process and it looks
like Mary Lou has a jump on that.  I would only ask that the data you
gather be stored in Excel or FileMaker or other "organized" form, so
that we can import it into a database in the future.

I would like to hear any ideas and opinions y'all have on this
plan.  It's going to be a while before it is reality and now is the
time to add your 2 cents on what you'd like to see included.

Cheers!

John Lock