[Rhodes22-list] took the plunge and got a reward

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Jan 3 13:24:16 EST 2008

Hey congrats on the reviews Lynn!

For the ICW you'll definitely want fixed VHF to talk to bridges (I
assume there are some drawbridges between Edenton and Norfolk) and
other ICW traffic. You'll also want one with weather alerts as
Albemarle Sound and the Chesapeake can get nasty in bad weather.

Sounds like a great trip but do your homework particularly if you
haven't made the trip before. There are couple of people on this list
who have sailed big chunks of that trip so ask your specific questions here.

Are you going to keep your boat in the Philly area? Better sailing in
Barnegat or the Chesapeake (IMHO).

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 R22  Fretless