[Rhodes22-list] What's the part called? John B. look here...

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 19:20:31 EST 2008

i don't think there is anything ordinary about americans. we are pragmatic, hard working and sensible. i have no problem with an honest c. but once you get away from math, science and memorization of facts, that is when your real intelligence will show. at that point if all you can get is a c, then you best not make that subject your major, to put it bluntly. i believe we are the "major superpower" in the world right now but if we keep telling the world "we're #1, we're #1, na na na na na na, sooner or later someone is going to put one upside our head. back to teddy (r) . walk quietly and carry a big stick. john b

Tootle <ekroposki at charter.net> wrote:
Rob,

Others on this forum have referred many things by the term 'thingy'. Are
you referring to an attaching bracket just under the shroud separator
thingies? Why not post a picture, then Rose can show the guys in the plant
what you want. If you want that bracket piece you might also want the
plastic angled washer thingies to keep eveything on the level?

John,

Often being academically talented leads one to think that they be better
than the rest. This country works and suceeds because average people make
it work. I will take an honest 'C' over any other passing grade achieved by
deceit and cheating and illusion of talent. Talking a good job is very
different from doing a good job, whether that talking is verbal or written.
And in the academic world, what sounds good to a liberal teacher is
different from what is fundamentally right. Grades obtained in an
academically biased enviroment should be taken as just that. Your antipathy
toward ordinary Americans is showing.

"I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400
people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of
Harvard University." William F. Buckley (recall that Bill is Stan's sailing
buddy)

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
"It is not our affluence, or our plumbing, or our clogged freeways that grip
the imagination of others. Rather, it is the values upon which our system
is built." J. William Fulbright