[Rhodes22-list] Brad, your brother in law sent me your email...

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 08:21:33 EST 2008

Ed,

This one is easy enough to spot.  Never in 5000 years of Chinese history has
any Chinese ever lost track of a single RNB.  I may have already told this
story - when Fan landed in the US she had a total of $50.  Northwest
Airlines wanted $35 for overweight luggage (two suitcases that were the sum
total of her possessions) for the leg to Memphis.  She asked if she could
carry enough on board to get her luggage under the weight limit and they
said that would be fine.  Then she asked, "what difference does it make?
The airplane weighs the same!"  Welcome to America.  She still has about $47
of that $50 left earning money in a mutual fund somewhere.

Brad