[Rhodes22-list] What's the part called?

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 8 17:43:15 EST 2008

Rob,

It is called the spreader bracket, and this is a problem I have found with mine also.  Elton did not feel that this would be urgent, but I have found the connecting bolt is loose also.  I suspect this distortion around the middle of the bracket has been caused by the mast stepping via the rear lower stays - alot of pressure over many years, especially in the case of a 1976 vintage boat.  The apparent new norm, at least the one used on Elton's Annapolis boat, is a bail on the mast, possibly to avoid 'punishment' of the bracket.

I'd really suggest that other skippers look at their rig related to this issue.  The replacements are about $37.00 each from Dwyer.  I asked Stan for his input/availability in July, but no response.  I don't think he wants to sell these smaller maintenance items.  Just go to the Dwyer website.  Hope this helps.

Chow,
Art