[Rhodes22-list] Ice Rink

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 22:27:03 EST 2008

Lee,

I'm also in the water for the winter...just off the
Potomac, VA side...you could heave an anchor from
Solomons & hit my mast  ;^)..

I have a bubbler that goes in the water when the temps
are predicted to drop below 35 deg...I set the timer
to run several times per hour  for a few min each
time, thermostat set for 32 deg. If the conditions of
time & temp are met, the bubbler runs....I've had no
probs so far (knock...) w/ ice in the cockpit
drain....this also keeps ice from 'creasing' the
paint...Last week there was considerable ice across
the entire creek...but the boat & surrounding water
were ice free.

This, however, is probably one of the more $$
solutions....

elle