[Rhodes22-list] Captain Rummy on W.E.B. DuBois

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 13:11:21 EST 2008

ed,
  dubois was born in 1868, three years after the war. what do you think his point of view should be? he lived through jim crow etc. and died at the beginning of the civil rights movement. communisism recruits from the underpriveleged. i believe that america has a ways to go, but we are making progress. maybe harvard graduates are easily swayed by those around them.

  Tootle <ekroposki at charter.net> wrote:

When you read the 'roots' that WEB DuBois advocates you will find them
opposed to what most (maybe not you or John B) believe that America
represents. However, they mesh well with Communism. DuBois believe in
black elitism rather that black opportunity. You will find that he didn't
even advocate educating the poor blacks, but wanted a ruling black elite.

Instead of looking at lake houses you need to study the differences between
America and Communism.

BTW, Stan has ascertained that you may have a sideline business other than
roofing:

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2008-January/046748.html

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA