[Rhodes22-list] Politics continued - John misleaderon W.E.B.DuBois

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Fri Jan 11 13:44:36 EST 2008

My comment about "anti-American" had nothing to do with being against
the "policies of the current (and some prior) administraions". It had
everything to do with the comments made. It's blatently obvious what
you're doing, and I notice you didn't answer the questions (which is why
I'll stick to my opinion). I'll make an effort to answer yours though.

How can you possibly know whether or not I confuse dissent with treason?
I've said nothing on this mail list about treason. Do your capabilities
now extend to "knowing" what I think? (I don't think so).

As for my personal responsibility - you've improperly phrased the
question. Go back and look at the resolution that took us into this war
(that was passed by Congress, I might add). It said nothing about
"getting Osama bin Laden", or are you now reading President Bush's mind
as well?

But in short, no. I do not feel any "personal responsibility".  Obeying
orders (including, but not limited to, those by the Commander in Chief)
is what they signed up for when they singed up. It was that way when I
joined, it was that way no. I'll respect their sacrifice (even those
that don't die, merely serve), I'll even ride at their funerals when
they do pay the ultimate price. But no, I don't feel any personal
responsibility.

Herb Parsons
S/V O'Jure - O'Day 25
S/V Reve de Pappa - Coronado 35