[Rhodes22-list] Looking for a Rhodes 22

mark osterbrock marko at dragonbbs.com
Thu Jan 10 18:48:09 EST 2008

Greetings,
    My wife and I live on a small lake in Ohio where we have raced Highlanders and Thistles for the past 20 years. We intend to keep racing but are ready to begin our cruising lives soon. We are looking for a used Rhodes 22. Right now our budget is in the 15k and under range.
    Our lake is small and we are tired of sailing around it in circles so we will need a good trailer to travel to Lake Erie and other nearby and distant waters. We would love to have the IMF and bimini and other features to make long weekending more comfortable. We have already inquired about a recycled Rhodes. If any one knows of a boat for sale even remotely similar to what I have described either near or far I would love to hear about it.
     Also I have a Chevy Astro van V6 with a towing capacity just over 5000lbs. Any thoughts on it's suitability as a tow vehicle?
                                                    Future Rhodie,
                                                   Mark Osterbrock