[Rhodes22-list] Looking for a Rhodes 22

bill davidge wpdavidge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:47:40 EST 2008

Hi Mark     I live just north of Toledo Oh And sail on the west end of Lake
Erie, Maumee Bay .My boat is not for sail. I picked her up last May and
don't know how I would live without her . However if you would like to go
out for a sail some time just  let me know.Not before April right now she is
in my brothers pool barn .

    As far as a tow vehicle I have a Dodge Dakota with a 3.7 V 6 tow
capacity of 5000 lbs and had no problem pulling her back from Edenton NJ .

     Now for equipment. The IMF is a must and for the rest of the  stuff,, I
do have it but, could live with out most of it .You can always add it as you
go all long . Stan will be happy to get any thing you you can't live without
. One place I spent a couple extra of bucks was on the trailer , and I'm
glad I did .You have to ask yourself  # 1  Are We relay going to pull the
Boat around  on Vacations ?. Do we want to Travel the Great Lakes ?  Have
you ever been to Grand Traverse Bay ? How about the North Channel and
Georgian Bay  ?  # 2 What would we do with a old Trailer, that we can not
trust ?

       If I  was doing it again I would pick the newest Boat that Stan had
at the top of my budget with the bear mi mun of equipment  Make sure it has
the wires for any equipment you think you may have to add like   VHF
Radio... GPS .. AM / FM ...Radio Make sure know what the difference is
between What we Want and What we have to have Try not to buy something twice
like a trailer that we do not trust or have to spend time fixing it .
Believe me it's not fun replacing a wheel bearing along I 75 half way
between Houghton Lake and Mackinaw City.

  Bill Davidge wpdavidge at gmail.com