[Rhodes22-list] Toy or Tools

Matt Brentjens brentjens at mchsi.com
Tue Jan 15 20:01:07 EST 2008

Thanks for the advice, EdK!!

I'm going to do a bit more research about the PFDs . . . I still have a
while before Mr. Magoo is docked . . .  Thanks for the additional
information . . .

Before I started looking for a GPS, I thought I'd choose a Lowrance GPS just
because I heard more about Lowrance than any other sailing GPS.  However,
after researching, I think that Garmin looks like a better buy.  I haven't
yet checked Magellan out though, and I'll look into it.  My mom bought a
NUVI gps for her car, and she's VERY pleased . . . that certainly influenced
my thinking.  Finally, the reviews I've read about Garmin are uniformly
positive . . .

As for a trailer, I don't even have a car that could trailer the boat.
Besides, Stan told me he'd be there for me if it was necessary to move my
boat, and I'm going to trust him (he's never led me wrong before).  I
certainly plan on getting a trailer in the future, but it's something I'm
going to have to put off for at least a while (not just because of the cost
of a trailer, but also because of the cost of a new car!!).

Thanks again for the additional advice, and please keep the advice coming!!
Like you said, I am a rookie, not just to the Rhodes 22 but also to boat
ownership.  Any and all advice from veterans is appreciated!!

Matt B.