[Rhodes22-list] Chris Crispel

Chris Crispel ccrispel at jeffnet.org
Tue Jan 22 12:14:58 EST 2008

Hi Tootle:

I'm here on "the list" because I have been taken with the Rhodes 22 but have
a major question that needs to be put to the members of 'the list".

My wife and I will be moving to the Republic of Panama to make it our future
home.  As you may know, there are no bays (to speak of) or lakes, just the
ocean.  My question is multifaceted- have any of you sailed offshore in the
Rhodes?, how does she handle ocean swells, what adjustments (modifications)
would you make to increase safety and comfort aboard.  Yes, I do know that
one can sail in a cork, but who wants to be battered about in the ocean.

I have been sailing since the age of 16 and now I'm way, way, beyond that.
I am a highly experienced sailor and my common sea sense is that this vessel
is to small and subject to being tossed about like a cork.  So, please tell
me that I am wrong and making to much out of this.

I currently reside in Ashland, Oregon and would love to meet other owners
and their vessels.  California and Oregon are the States where that would be
possible.  However, if I can't meet everyone, then I will have to be
satisfied with "the list".

Many Thanks

Chris Crispel