[Rhodes22-list] Knotstick

Jim White lemenagerie22 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 15:11:38 EST 2008

I have a knotstick as a backup device in my Nav bag, and have used it on several occassions. It is usually resonably accurate Only trouble here (Gulf of Mexico) is that it tends to foul with Sargassum weed which is almost always present in some quantity, thus producing erroneous readings (on the exaggerated side). One time I was going almost 10 knots in less than 10 knots of wind.....LOL

  jw
  S/V Le Menagerie (1978 Rhode 22)
  S/V Olivia (1974 Westerly Centaur Ketch)
  http://www.yotblog.com/WesterlyC/

elle <watermusic38 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hey, Ron,

We had one given to us when we got out first boat, a
23'.
I seem to remember it worked OK..gave us the info we
needed....don't recall any problems with it...just
didn't use it much as it had to be trailed from the
stern. I think we were just in the 'who cares' class
of boat speed at that point...

I probably still have it out in the shed..;^)

elle

--- Ron Singerman wrote:

> Has anyone any experience with using a Knotstick?
> Opinion?
>
> >>ron<<
> www.rhodes22.org/list

1992 Rhodes 22 Recyc '06 "WaterMusic" (Lady in Red)

Be a better friend, newshound, and