[Rhodes22-list] Slip Width

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 16:52:04 EST 2008

Lee,
OK...that's about what I thought. So the only time the
slip width comes into play is 1) when you are coming
in & going out, and 2) if there is a beamy boat in the
adjacent slip...

Tying the lines high will not be good when we have
those widely swinging tides...better would be to tie
the lines somewhat loosely and use springs fore & aft
and on the common pilings to keep the boat centered.
(see pix) On the picture taken from the bow, the white
line on the stbd beam is run thru a pulley & then to a
cinder block...it keeps the boat centered in the slip
in everything but the strongest winds...hence the
funky fenders.

I had to monitor mine closely for about a month; once
I was sure I had it I then tied loops in each line so
alI have to do when coming in is put the loop thru &
over the cleat..

elle

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs