[Rhodes22-list] Chris Crispel

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Jan 22 18:06:10 EST 2008

Chris,

It's sort  of like the dirt track racing adage - "There is
no substitute for cubic inches."  When it comes to sailboats,
there is no substitute for mass low down.  On the other hand,
mass costs speed and fiberglass.

The R22, like every boat, is a compromise.  She is light enough
to tow, sail fast, and produce for a reasonable price - and
heavy enough to be remarkably stable.  The beautifully
designed hull shape, with plenty of flare and freeboard,
greatly contributes to the R22's stability.

That said, you need to get the feel of the boat any way you can
to see if she is for you.  You will be surprised at the amount
of easily useable interior space.

/Robert