[Rhodes22-list] Chris Crispel

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 22 18:18:25 EST 2008

I have not been offshore, but I have been in 4-6 ft waves on Lake Michigan.
The boat handled the conditions much better then the crew.
One of the advantages of the Rhodes is the variety of sail
configurations that can be used.
I have sailed with a whisper of genoa and a hint of main.  On the other
hand
it does not compare with a boat like the Dana 24 which
are designed for offshore sailing, have small cockpits and deep fixed keels.
The Rhodes will do fine if you are caught in bad weather, but it's
compromises
tend toward comfort and trailering rather than long offshore passages.

Ron