[Rhodes22-list] Chris Crispel - another reply -

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Jan 22 19:44:31 EST 2008

Chris:

Did you look at the web site suggested in my prior post?  You can see
therein the Chris and Bill that Stan referred to.  Both have posted
extensive reports of their ventures to be found in the archives.  Learn to
search the archives while contacting the two Captains directly.  Not all
read all posts.  Some occassionally pop on and then retreat to themselves.

I would have thought that one of those yappity Captains would tell you about
the archives.  Again, see:

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2007-August/043706.html

Try searching for Bahamas and Baja.  One comment that will be more difficult
to find is the Rhodie in California who sailed to the Catalina Islands.  He
does on follow this forum but has responded to direct email.

You may have noticed a reply from Jim White of Texas about the Knot Stick.
Jim sails the Gulf of Mexico.
There was and may still be a Rhodie who sails off Nova Scotia.  He has never
posted to this list.  He had a white wheel boat.  Ask Elle what a wheel boat
is.

Remember, since you ask about safety, the marine floatation in the Rhodes
22.  Also, go back and reread Ron Liptons post about sail adjustments with
the IMF.  Most of us lazy sailors have the IMF.

As you may be aware the Rhodes 22 has been around a while.  Stan
commissioned the design from Philip Rhodes when he was alive and designing
boats in NYC.  According to scuttlebug, the Rhodes was designed for sailing
on Long Island Sound.  If you check the maps, you will find the LIS to a
substantial body of water.  Sort of what you envisioned.

Here is anothe thought, call up Captain Rummy and make an appointment for a
sail on Lake Hartwell.  We do sail all year round here.  See his marina
here:

http://www.portmanmarina.com/marinamain.htm

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be
done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Chris Crispel wrote:

> Robert:
>
> Forgot to ask what modifications would you suggest for my intended
> purpose?
>
> Cheers
>
> Thanks

Michigan.