[Rhodes22-list] Nabble, Rummy's houseboat, and posting files

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu Jan 24 11:49:00 EST 2008

NABBLE:

Thanks, Ed - that sounds like a good idea.
However, I don't see any way to locate
specific attachments - pictures or PDFs -
for categorization or quick indexed
retrieval.

It appears that the subject line is the
only way to search.  I hope I'm wrong,
and that you can enlighten me on a way
to search/retrieve by attached file name.

Otherwise, to make Nabble more valuable,
wi would have to put some sort of tag on
the subject line to indicate that a file
is attached.

RUMMY

And to Rummy - what a cool structure!
Guess you need a power boat to tow it
around, or is it anchored?
What did you use for flotation?

POSTING

As the list is transitioned to a new host,
is it possible that a file sharing facility
be included with user-initiated and named
folders where files (photos, DOCs, PDFs,
etc.) could be uploaded, as can be done
with a Yahoo email group?

With storage costs dropping, it does not
seem as if that would be a problem.  The
bandwith/transmission overhead would not
be appreciably changed from the current
load.  It looks as if security would be
the long pole, but that is also an issue
with other aspects of the list.  What do
you say, John?

/Robert
Tootle wrote:

> May I suggest using Nabble to post pictures to the list or to retrieve PDF
> files that will read?
>
> See:  http://www.nabble.com/Rhodes-22-f14229.html
>
> For example see Rummy's new houseboat:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p15065250/Rummy%2527s%2Bhouseboat.jpg